Depreciating EXP returns

Started by Torque, May 11, 2012, 09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torque

After you reach the needed experience to level, there should be fall off for the amount of experience you get. -50% returns after TNL = 0.

In my opinion, this should be implemented to encourage participation and discourage riding the AFK boat.

It will help curb powerleveling of, say, a dupe thief to level 40 for quest cloak in two days or less in case a sysop hasn't had a chance to check IP's.

This will also help with level stacking, like lives available. 9 is already way too many, and +5 per level is already way too many. Characters should be considered heroes, rather than a lemming.

Gnor

Throw this on the pile with the 5000 other crappy ideas.

Torque

Hey look at me, I'm Gnor, I can stand back and pretend like I'm better than others. If you weren't so consistently trash I'd care.

Besides, this isn't my idea, you moron. This is implemented in a lot of games.

Did I mention you're a moron for waahing all the time?

Gnor

Quote from: Torque on May 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hey look at me, I'm Gnor, I can stand back and pretend like I'm better than others. If you weren't so consistently trash I'd care.

Besides, this isn't my idea, you moron. This is implemented in a lot of games.

Did I mention you're a moron for waahing all the time?

We aren't at Grandma's house, where every stupid thing you say is lauded as incredible.

forum: fo?rum/ˈf?rəm/
Noun:   A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

So now that we've established what this place exists for...

Stop wahhhhhing all the time bro.

Torque

Did you just repeat what I say with more effort? You win.

kalus

Power leveling and level stacking is a good part of this game imo, so yeah, bad idea.

Torque

It's not a bad idea, we just disagree. Your view of the game is that you need lives to accomplish your goal, rather than planning ahead correctly. Your post does point out that there are differing views though, so good point.

One one hand you got a non-attached player who just cruises through the mud, and the other is someone who 'plays' it a little more RP since dying is supposed to be bad.