Q&D

Started by Ice_Hole, Jan 13, 2006, 01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice_Hole

I perpose removeing the current Q&D cap.  And replaceing it with a slideing scale.

The way it would work is this.

Lets start with Swings.
And say the first swing after 5 (so total of 6 swings) is a 15% bonus.  So you would have +15% crits once you swing 6.  Once your swings hit 7, then You gain another 5%, 8 you gain 3, 9 you gain 2, etc.  INfinately close to 0.

Then you do the same things with the other stats.  Say intel, you just do it in reverse.
At 50 intel you get a 1% bonus, by 60 you have a 3%, 70 you have a 6, 80 you have a 8, 90 a 10, 100 a 14, 110 a 15, 120 a 17..  These numbers would have to be adjusted of course.

Agaility works similar to intel.

Eventually their would be a theoretical max.  But you could alway's gain that extra crit % or 2.  This would also keep classes to their respectful races.  No more Hog ninja's because they reach max Q&D.  They would be lacking agaility, and intel, and thus lose the bonus's from thoes stats.  So a ninja would be better off sticking to it's more traditional races.  Same would go for the plate classes.  Their swing penalty for enc could be raised, But they could still maintain their crits through intel, and what agaility they can put together.

This may make for a crit happy mud.  But we will have to see.  It would still cap, just the characters that are ment to get crits would be able to get more of them easier, and slowly taper off.  The Plate classes would be able to get the crits, but lose out on some of them due to stats/ swings.  (Say, under this method you could double the encumberance penalty, and still only mildly effect plate's damage.  A plate swinging 3's with a higher damage weapon would still be able to pull off a decient number of crits, but loses out on the crits from speed.)

I would have to look at this a little closer, only problem I can think of is with leather classes.  They would feesibly be able to have the same advantages as say a ninja.  Other than the ninja's natural crit abailities.

- Ice_Hole

Ice_Hole

To add to this (No time now, but when I get back from work I may explain in more detai), but you could impose different caps on the Q&D.  So a warrior would have 10% crits from a 6th swing, while the ninja has 20%, and a bard may have 15%.

Then for strength you do something similar.  You have the damage modifier on strength work differently for each class.  So if you were a tank class, you mght get 1.5 max damage for every 10 strength.  But a ninja would only get 1.  And a priest might only get 1 max damage every 20 strength.

THis odviously is a little more complex than the current mud system.  BUt balance could be obtained by modify's the skills each class gets, and how their crits/damage work.  This allows for more flexability with characters, and more finetuneing of characters to be accomplished.

- Ice_Hole

DeathCow

Reworking the combat system so that it works well for higher level game play is in the books.  Right now I'm looking at a gross remodeling of the system after the initial realm is completed.  Reworking combat will be based on lots and lots of things.  The first thing it will need to address is PVP combat.  I don't think players should round each other.

So crits will be reworked at some point, but thats going to have to happen along with dozens of other considersations.  The new combat system will put an end to high str races having a clear dominace with melee combat.  I've always felt that a halfling ninja should slaughter a half-ogre ninja.  :<