Priests

Started by Reece, Jan 02, 2006, 11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reece

I think it would be a good idea to give priest better spells vs undead.  Possibly some room spells for undead. Also, More themed on alignment. A priest deity decides what spells they cast, so shouldnt evil life hating priests get some drain life spells and be more biased towards combat like a mage. While good aligned priests should have better healing spells. While neutral priest could remain close to what they are already. And as far as alignment goes, I dont think it should be shown on a player. You can't look at a person and say they are evil. Well... unless shes a icequeen of a bitch but thats a different kind of evil. I think it would be better to have maybe a fugitive setting where if you commit a crime you have a bounty on you. How long could depend on the infraction and how many in a given time. possibly give a class an ability to detect alignmets. Shrug tell me what you think.

Momma always said there were gonna be days like this.... she just never said there would be so many in a row.

DeathCow

Quote from: Reece on Jan 02, 2006, 11:01 PM
I think it would be a good idea to give priest better spells vs undead. Possibly some room spells for undead. Also, More themed on alignment. A priest deity decides what spells they cast, so shouldnt evil life hating priests get some drain life spells and be more biased towards combat like a mage. While good aligned priests should have better healing spells. While neutral priest could remain close to what they are already. And as far as alignment goes, I dont think it should be shown on a player. You can't look at a person and say they are evil. Well... unless shes a icequeen of a bitch but thats a different kind of evil. I think it would be better to have maybe a fugitive setting where if you commit a crime you have a bounty on you. How long could depend on the infraction and how many in a given time. possibly give a class an ability to detect alignmets. Shrug tell me what you think.
I figure that players with priest magic will have to choose a deity to worship.  It will be similar to what we've discussed for mages and druids.  Although I guess that post might be in the development forum.  I'll have to move things out of there that arent 100% development.  Anyway  either way for mages they'll have schools of magic that they will specialize in, druids will specialize in elements, priests will have a particular god.  There will of course be generic spells for every class that everyone can use, but many spells will come from what every spell sphere the caster chooses.

As for Good and Evil, in majormud it as generally been only how others precieve your player rather than your true nature.  For the momment we are going to reproduce the alignment system found in majormud.  Its possible that will change in the future though.  I've made posts about the evil system on mudcentral and mmb,  Not that I liked what I got back from people but..I had always thought of a system similar to how White Wolf handles archtypes.  With both nature and demeanors.  Although in this case its be a True nature, and a preceived nature.  That would be somewhat complicated to make however.  Your true nature would change everywhere you did good and evil  things and your precieved nature would change based on your proximity to civilization.