Sword of Ozrinom

Started by apocalypse, Apr 12, 2015, 08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apocalypse

Hey,

Using Sword of Oz on non-pvp and the draining effect is not in effect...
Was this taken out?

Cheers :)

Gardner Denver

When the item ability database was normalized it completely farked the difference between use spells and hit spells.  We've worked on this many times but have had little luck.

apocalypse

ah ok
so are all other attributes intact?
seeing as though there is no drain is it too much to ask if the -200 hp regen be removed as well?  ::)

thanks Gard!

Gardner Denver

I'd prefer to find a way to fix the problem rather than remove other abilities from various items.

Thesifer

If it were me, I'd step back through the normalization process and fix whatever the "redundant" item was that wasn't so redundant.

Rage

this happens with the demontongue also along with many other 5th questers I believe(which make some of them pretty shitty).  Bump for fixing this.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Lanzino on Apr 13, 2015, 08:35 AM
If it were me, I'd step back through the normalization process and fix whatever the "redundant" item was that wasn't so redundant.

The redundant item was a lot of blank entries in each item record.  However the order that those abilities appeared in and what came after them was very important.  That sequencing seems to have gotten lost in the normalization process or is not being applied properly when the data is read on startup.