Save the drama for your mama!

Started by Vitoc, Apr 03, 2009, 12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

Hello everyone,

As you've probably noticed there's been some tension in the realm.  The number of players in our realm has grown significantly over the past few months and so too has the probability that people aren't all going to get along.  Any board with 70 characters (23+ individual users) is going to have some drama; there's no getting around it. 

I'd like to post a few thoughts:

1) Gardner is the primary game op in our official test realm and what he says in the realm goes.  That's not up for discussion.  I have no doubt in my mind he has done and is doing the best job he can in trying to make the realm fair and fun for everyone.  I realize some might not agree with everything he says, but no one person can always make everybody happy; it's simply not possible.  He's a human being, and just like the rest of us, he has a breaking point at which he's going to stop being Mr. NiceGuy.  I have complete faith in his abilities as game op and in his judgement in the realm.  Please remember he's not getting paid to do this, he's spending his free time here because he cares about the future of this project and our community.  If you do have a problem with something he says or does, please PM me directly on these forums and I will try to get back to you within 24 hours.  Please don't make me spend time on minor squabbles that I could otherwise be spending on working on GreaterMUD or TGS.

2) Our realm is a test realm.  The point of it is to find all the bugs we can and to get them fixed.  If you're not here to test, you're still welcome to stay, but at the very least try not to cause problems or get involved in drama. 

3) As a reminder, there is no PVP in this current realm, and as DC mentioned, that rule means there's also no ganghouse or deathpile raiding (how would they get their stuff back without PVP?).  When we are ready to conduct PVP testing, we will notify everyone ahead of time and likely create a second realm where Gardner (by his own accord) likely won't be the game op.

I've met a lot of people through MajorMUD and GreaterMUD over the years.  I appreciate the friendships I've gained and I don't want to lose them to something as insignificant as in-game drama.  Please try to set aside any differences you have with others in the realm and try to focus on having fun without causing problems.  If you do enjoy stirring the pot, please hang in there just a little longer until GreaterMUD realms start popping up on other boards, and then you're free to wreak havoc on them without having to worry about Gardner or myself. ;)

Thanks for your cooperation,
Vitoc

Valiant Lyta

I, for one, totally agree with you, Vitoc.  There is no place for annoying attitudes in a beta realm.  The focus should be on testing and killing mobs, not trying to irritate your fellow players/testers with arrogance and pomposity.  Anyone who has an issue with another player or players should confine such issues to telepaths and not make everyone else uncomfortable with their rantings.

Gardner Denver

DeathCow

Better get that checked...it could be cancer.

Rhinehold

If anyone feels the need to vent their frustrations, game related or not, I am a great listener and would be more than happy to help you work through any problems that may be causing you to have anger flares in your life.

All free of charge!

Regards,

-Duke Rhinehold

twogirlz

Just saw this Rhine's comment, i too will listen, test and discuss, any bugs or complaints about the engine and will report everything i can and chase up reasonable issues.

Jigga

Bump!

Seriously, this time around, I'd like to see less pointless drama.

Just play the game fairly.

I don't want to start up a whole 'nother debate on the whole Oz situation because both sides of that whole situation had valid points, but if you find something that gives you a massive advantage, don't abuse it, it just ends up ruining things for everyone. I think it's safe to assume that anyone playing on GMUD is a big fan of the game and at the end of the day we'd all like to see the project finished to where everything works correctly and new content can start being added. We've all been playing the same game for God knows how many years now without any change holding on to that hope that one day there will be 'official' new content that is the standard amongst all Realms. Sure there are plenty of edited BBS but the majority of them come and go or get out of hand. Plus there is only so far one can go as far as editing is concerned without having the source code.

Every minute that gets spent on arguements, suspensions, and things of that sort is time that could be spent on progress towards a more finished project.

~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~