Penalties for blindness

Started by ghaleon, May 05, 2006, 07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

I just had an interesting (but not necessarily "good") idea regarding darkness.  What if there was a chance you'd miss seeing an exit?  So each time you look, or hit enter, you've got an 80% chance of seeing each exit.  Or if it's really dark, 40% (just examples, would need to test it).  This would upset mega no-end, but it's an interesting idea.
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!

DeathCow

I was having a conversation about the room light coding with locke and i found out that the ability blindlight did something,kinda.  I was thinking of oh bah..I'm a little to tired to type this all out.

Colt

Quote from: ghaleon on May 08, 2006, 08:26 AM
The hitting yourself thing is definatly out. I dont care how blind I am with a sword, Im not going to hit myself :) I know where my foot is. Now my party members foot..... =)

But the 50% acc penalty is definatly something I could see.? 5%-10% to dimly lit rooms?

I can say the same thing, I would never hit myself..... Haveing been a Cop in a former life, I know a lot of ppl who have cut themselves with knives, chainsaws, shot themselves, I could see if your Int was not high enough that you just might try to cut your foot, you hand or even in a rare case... you neck....
Mistic ToeThumper
Colt ToeThumper
galaxybbs.dynalias.com