Greatermud Reset Date, 27 August 2016

Started by Jumpin Jack Flash, Aug 05, 2016, 05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpin Jack Flash

The Greatermud PVP realm will be resetting on Saturday, 27 August 2016.  The following information will apply to the realm after reset:

MudOp:  Bane
# of Accounts:  1
PVP Range:  15 Levels
Limited Items:  Standard Lims

There will be no dupes authorized for this push.  If you are caught with a dupe account, the dupe will be banned , the main will be rolled and suspended for 30 days.  If you are caught duping a second time, the dupe will be banned, the main will be rolled and suspended for 1 year.  Subsequent attempts to create another account during a suspension period will result in a permanent ban.

Although these rules may seem extreme, the only people who will have an issue with them, are those who intend to dupe.  The last push with unlimited dupes destroyed the realm and caused many long-time players to move on to other places.  Hopefully, we can restore the prestige of GMud and bring some of those old school players back.

And for those who think they can skirt the rules with VPN's, cell phones, and other shady methods; eventually you will mess up and get caught.  Hopefully, a 1 year ban from GMud was worth the enjoyment you got from cheating for awhile.  I know you guys love this game, and this place, as much as I do, so "Let's Make GMud Great Again"!  HAHA

An additional Forum post will be posted prior to reset announcing full realm rules!

See you on the 27th!

Bane

mr sinister

no reset on non-pvp?

also there never were unlimited dupes
there are posted rules already for the pvp realm reguarding duping
which reflect the non pvp realm rules

Jumpin Jack Flash

And these rules have been strictly adhered to by all players.  Nobody has more than 3 characters in the PVP realm.

Blake

You guys should enforce the rules for the realm, specifically duping, immediately.

Fermouth

Do we have an intended time for the beginning of the game for this next reset for the 27th?
Broadcast from Stinkyhaze "please dont take me to the bathroom, will"

Jumpin Jack Flash

12:00 PM EST should be approximately when the realm is back open for business following the reset.

Watts

Vitoc

Quote from: Watts on Aug 17, 2016, 09:44 PM
Make the worst player the MudOp - makes sense.
Bitch and moan about it when we try to make things better -- makes sense.

From my perspective he's been invaluable with WebMUD.  He's shown he's responsible.  He won't play competitively.  He won't cheat.  He's volunteering his time to make this place better as well, and for that I am grateful.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Watts on Aug 17, 2016, 09:44 PM
Make the worst player the MudOp - makes sense.

From historical records, you can refresh your memory of past events by reading this post:  http://www.greatermud.com/forums/index.php?topic=4838.msg23214#msg23214

In spite of getting medieval on you when I was an active player, I assure you, you will be treated fairly, as will all others.  There will be no favors or exceptions.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Vitoc on Aug 18, 2016, 05:53 PM
Bitch and moan about it when we try to make things better -- makes sense.

From my perspective he's been invaluable with WebMUD.  He's shown he's responsible.  He won't play competitively.  He won't cheat.  He's volunteering his time to make this place better as well, and for that I am grateful.

I appreciate your vote of confidence!  Now, get off the GMud forums and get back to WebMud.   ;D

Watts

You misunderstood me - it actually does make sense to make the worst player the MudOp - you don't want to suck the talent out of the realm. Three cheers for Bane!

Jumpin Jack Flash

In spite of your comments, I'm glad to see you posting in the forums.  Hopefully, that's a sign you will be coming back for the reset.

Watts