Way to welcome new players...

Started by Ashen, Nov 23, 2016, 11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashen

Well, my excitement at playing mud again for the first time in (many) years as well as introducing my son to it was short-lived.  When we logged in last night (for the first time), I was impressed with how welcoming the community was.  Then, this morning (I've "played" for about 8 hours):
10:35am Neon gossips: we know ur lieing, you said this is my only character, not whats a main?
10:36am Bink gossips: wow.. really?  My apologies..
10:36am Neon gossips: my first question when i started after i was asked who my main was, was whats a main?
10:36am Neon gossips: because i was really new
10:39am Bane gossips: Bink?
10:40am Bane gossips: Binky?
10:40am Duhh gossips: Binky? more like Dupey
10:40am Bane gossips: Bink, if you're going to attempt to dupe, you should probably not sue the same exact IP address for both accounts
Your IP is banned!  Goodbye!

....guess I'll look elsewhere.  New top requirement:  board administrator must not be 13 year old kid..

Blake

Terribly difficult to understand the no dupes rule, eh?

Ashen

Apparently, you haven't actually read the rules since they clearly stated that if you have two people on the same IP you can be voice verified...

Something I would have been happy to mention had I actually been asked before being banned.  As I said, it works out as I'm glad I realized the time of realm it was early before spending any time on a character.  I've happily moved elsewhere now.

Spuzzy

Quote from: Ashen on Nov 23, 2016, 11:59 AM
Well, my excitement at playing mud again for the first time in (many) years as well as introducing my son to it was short-lived.  When we logged in last night (for the first time), I was impressed with how welcoming the community was.  Then, this morning (I've "played" for about 8 hours):
10:35am Neon gossips: we know ur lieing, you said this is my only character, not whats a main?
10:36am Bink gossips: wow.. really?  My apologies..
10:36am Neon gossips: my first question when i started after i was asked who my main was, was whats a main?
10:36am Neon gossips: because i was really new
10:39am Bane gossips: Bink?
10:40am Bane gossips: Binky?
10:40am Duhh gossips: Binky? more like Dupey
10:40am Bane gossips: Bink, if you're going to attempt to dupe, you should probably not sue the same exact IP address for both accounts
Your IP is banned!  Goodbye!

....guess I'll look elsewhere.  New top requirement:  board administrator must not be 13 year old kid..

I got the same royal treatment as well - they think I'm some dupe and "Bane" Sysop of the year scientific method of identifying dupes is I quote "12/3/2016 9:09 PM Bane gossips: i have a very scientific method...if they have more than 1 vowel in their name, they are a dupe"

Screenshots says it all.

http://i.imgur.com/bnY6Uk1.png

http://i.imgur.com/fB6DdlL.png

And look at the genius discussion after they boot me - at least there are some reasonable players left on the board.

http://i.imgur.com/9xnzbAS.png

http://i.imgur.com/ev0DEZK.png

WOW just WOW.

FOR WHATEVER IT'S WORTH THANK YOU STATIK FOR BEING THE LAST SOUND OF REASON ON THIS BOARD.

If someone wants to verify me on voice feel free to PM me.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Spizzy has an I, and a Y.  We all know that vowels are A, E, I, O and U....and sometimes Y.  That's 2 vowels, proving you are a dupe. 

Also, we don't allow corporate IP addresses, remote desktop services, SSH tunnels, Teamviewer (for most cases), nor proxy servers.  For a newbie who hasn't played the game in 18 years, and was brand new to GMud, you sure found the forums rather quickly. 

Just saying 

RPenton

Quote from: Jumpin Jack Flash on Dec 03, 2016, 09:34 PM
For a newbie who hasn't played the game in 18 years, and was brand new to GMud, you sure found the forums rather quickly. 

Just saying

Outside observer with no skin in the game, here, with an observation: The forums are literally the first link on greatermud.com. Literally.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: RPenton on Dec 12, 2016, 06:45 PM
Outside observer with no skin in the game, here, with an observation: The forums are literally the first link on greatermud.com. Literally.

Yes, when you use your browser to go to www.greatermud.com. 

However, when you use megamud to play GMud, then get banned for being a dupe, and you find your way to the forums, create an account, answer those austere validation questions (What kind of cow plays mud?), and go right to a previous post about new players being banned.....all in the space of 3 minutes, that calls into question his claim about not playing mud for 18+ years, and never playing GMud before.

As I said, for a player who "has never been on GMud", he sure found/registered/posted on the forums awful quickly.