SLEP/STUN/QUAK

Started by Jumpin Jack Flash, Jan 27, 2017, 11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpin Jack Flash

OK, lets start the convo regarding fixing these spells.  Throw your suggestions at me.

Blake

No changes.  For sleep/stun they get about a 50% success rate and mages take about 1.5 rounds to kill; bards are a bit tougher to figure as they might have some dodge, but in general I can't remember the last time I was nervous about having to pvp a bard.

I've only seen one person whine about quak - I don't understand what the problem is with it.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Any ability to fully shut down an opponent for 1-2 rounds is an unfair advantage, especially when you can do it round after round, resulting in a perma-stun!  High level mages can easily round many opponents with their 5th quest spells, and can wipe out entire parties in 1-2 rounds.  Most of the players in the PVP realm agree these spells need to be looked at for revision. 

xian

sorry to go off topic, but just now got back into the country and seeing these.
Overall I think this looks great, my only question in regards to some of the spell issues listed in the closed thread.

QuoteKill black rose (etc) ?PermaStun? by fixing the way spells re-trigger when re-cast before ending
        o   This will restore ?FLUX? type spells to majormud standards

has this been implemented?  While I am not necessary against it, are there still mega related issues when using medi and old school flux at the same time or has that been fixed?  I cannot recall, its been so long since I had both on normal mud.  If there are still issues, can we look someway at balancing it somehow?  maybe removing the negative flux rate?

I am far from a mud expert, so I have no idea what this would do to balancing issues.

xian

Quote from: Jumpin Jack Flash on Jan 27, 2017, 11:48 AM
OK, lets start the convo regarding fixing these spells.  Throw your suggestions at me.

I play a mage, so obviously bias, but I like how it is.  without It, mages/druids will get owned by high lever mele players. 
Maybe just adjust the fail and/or resist chances?

If you do change it though, it would be nice to have some sort of higher level confusion spell. Both conf, slep, mist, etc are pointless on higher level bosses with high spell level resistance.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Whether we do anything with these "stun" spells depends on the realm as a whole.  IF they want them altered, we'll alter them.   As far as the flux spells, that would require a coding change by Vitoc, and he has given us a Top-5 list of things to fix.  Not sure if the flux spells will make the list or not.  More to come on that.  If the flux spells are set back to standard majormud, we could look at adding the caster sashes add-on from mudinfo.net as a compromise.

Blake

I've played a high level mage and bard... that stun/slep doesn't last for a round.  You can time it to make it last for the attack part of the round, but when you play the timer game if you fail the cast you're fucked. 

I've come into a room party fight where I got slep'd and our party was about to get smashed, but he blasted the slep the second he entered the room and it wore off before the round went off.  I was able to counter with a stun before that same round went off and the opposing party was dead inside of two rounds.  Completely changed the momentum of the fight because he fucked up with it.

I agree with the above, maybe it becomes easier to resist or there's just a random fail chance.

Jumpin Jack Flash

With the SLEP and STUN spell, we can make the settings so instead of 100%, there is a range for each roll.  If we remove the automatic 100% confusion from SLEP, then we can make it so at level 15, there would be a 60% minimum chance and 70% max chance of success.  At level 30, it would become 60% min and 100% max.  So there would be a potential to resist each time, and with each swing. 

cytrik

Is this change to be applied solely to PVP realm. You stated in another thread that all changes were to be implemented into the PVE realm, and PVP realm was only on a majority vote for each change.
I just want to know that sweeping changes aren't going across the PVE realm (Only one I play) due to choices the PVP realm wants.

Jumpin Jack Flash

These updates have been removed, as they do not affect the PVE realm.  No changes to these spells will be made.