June 22, 2018, 01:09:35 am

Author Topic: Healbot idea  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Jigga

• Adept
Re: Healbot idea
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 07:37:55 am »
How about adding a parameter such as base_regen_time +/- variance_time

Or even the option to set only + or only - time.

And maybe a maximum + and a maximum -

Then the variance time could be set differently for different monsters.

This way, popularly killed quest bosses, like the phoenix feather bosses, could for example have a MAX regen time of 2 hours, possibly less, but never more.

Bosses like the adult red dragon with a 75 hour regen time could have a large variance, something like 25 to 125 hours. So if you kill it for the level 35 quest, there's the crazy chance it might be back in a day and no one else can quest. Or it may be gone for a long time.

Monsters like Goru-Nezar, Beholder, and Woodlef Lord, that are highly sought after could have a wide range of variance too. Those guys are so popular, once a player (or even gang) gets them on schedule, it's near impossible for someone else to get them. If their regen was like 24 hours they could have maybe a maximum +6 (you dont want them gone too long) and a minimum -12 or so (maybe it'll regen twice a day!)

Just some ideas!
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

Offline mad

• Savant
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 01:12:11 am »
Yes add a +/- 10% regen time to all bosses.  +1

It could mean 90-110 regen time for say, guardian golem, no one will wait 20 hours, unless really desperate,  and stops people just timing bosses and hoarding.. something we're all guilty of

Offline Jigga

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 11:44:31 pm »
I don't like the idea of @homes. People that put in the effort to actually go and check if bosses are in should reap the benefits. I'm against anything that discourages live play.

I do really like the idea of +/- respawn time to prevent people from keeping bosses on a time.
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~