I read most of that. I enjoyed the spirit parts. I will read it again in full tomorrow.
You are headed in the right direction, but one point, the mana/kai thing, is all out wrong.
I have to say that I have had the oldest, longest running whunter out of anyone in muds existence. I ran the fucker well over 9 years. It could be 11 years. I am not sure. I was one of the top 10 whunters for a couple of years and then the top 13th whunter for long time after that, when mud was going super strong still. I love the class and I loved my guy. ( some would doubt that my guy is the oldest, some would doubt that he also was the first neko whunter, but fuck them)
Yup, thats me, thats my guy. A goblin whunter at first. He was a nice asset and did well at pvp against people that misjudged his abilities. Then, the race change occured. He became a nekojin. He had sick assed combat. I mean, like an kang warrior in this version with smga would have cried at his power back then. Criting like... he critted nonstop. Spells hurt him more than they should but not so bad.
then things changed bigtime and crits were capped, agility was whittled away, then in modern times strength was the master.
Strength does not increase accuracy. I never ever knew of someone who was more accurate based upon their strength. I am quite strong, exceedingly strong for my size and weight when I work at it. I am not accurate with an axe. I can drive an axe clean through a huge chunk of wood with much violence, but I miss a lot. I need more agility. Agile fighters are normally also lighter. I'm untrained at axe wielding and just chop wood for my gf to look sexy.
well, point being or many points are as follows:
1. whunters should get more critical hits
2. whunters should never have any mana or kai forms of spells
3. whunters are anti everything except their ideaology, they are enigmatic and violent
4. whunters should not get more armour than scale, I think that chainmail is good enough if balancing could achieve that
5. warlocks are the opposite of whunters. they use spells to assist and mutate their fighting skills and need to find magical weapons to gain the edge on a whunter.
6. whunters should always have "hitmagic 5"
7. tank whunters should only have the ability to have more hps and heal faster. they should not be able to fight better. They should have more damage resistance as well, the tanks I mean, so DR across the board for them as whunters.
8. Metro did pretty well with whunters but the engine lacked the ability to adjust a particular classes stats that would translate into growing power through the levels.
9. warriors and whunters have nothing to do with one another and should not be compared.
10. a whunter should have abilities that align themselves to deities or faiths. however, not in form of using a kai or mana. It should be only an ability that is like kick,ju, pu, types of abilities.
11. I could see something like mystic forms being used for them. different battle techniques and styles that would work with different monsters/areas. some focusing on brute power, others on accurate hits, others on luck shots like crits but more fanaticaly thrown.
12. spells should have a tough time being cast on them in parties. yes, this is annoying, but this is a good rpg thing that metro forced. it does make a whunter a whunter and not just another class.
13. Obviously, a high level caster should be able to more easily cast effect and healing spells on a whunter but still have some difficulty. A level 60 archmage helping a level 10 whunter should be able to control the whunter more than they currently can in mud.
14. Make the names very reigliously orientated and very nonpolitically correct. Demon Hunter, Inquisitor, Crusader, all are nice names. Metro did well with this part.
15. Make whunters slightly harder to level than they are currently. there is a lack of weapons for them at the moment., this is why people really dont see them as viable in a big mud.
16. Whunters should be better than average in pvp
17. whunters should be able to track anyone who uses magic or kai. thieves, ninjas, warriors, or other whunters should not be able to be tracked.
18. If they got a 6th swing and no one else did, they would be instantly fixed as they are. the only thing would be like +1 crits every 10 levels until 30, then +1.5 for 40, 50, 60, 70, that with 6th swing would fix them instantly as it stand in majormud. there combat 5 would help them get to that swing faster, but their ability to get quick and deadly would be slower as they need to overcome 6 swings for it.
19. praying to a deity or being a part of a political movement would be options. like, you go somewhere and it changes you for the day and its liek evil points, you cant shake that alignment for days. This alignment would effect things like you vs. certain monsters, or in what ways you fight.
I think that is the way I would like to see this go. one is abilities like greatermud is saying, different paths. the other is the choice of personal alignment that goes beyond good or evil. Evil and good were done well by metro I think so that should also stay.